View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 New here... 
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor

I'm expecting trips which for us will be #5,6,&7! I've already been in the hospital for preterm labor. I'm on complete bedrest. I'm looking for other moms that are or have been where I'm at now. I could really use the emotional support. I'm 27wks5days today. Jeannie

Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:10 pm
MOST Mentor
MOST Mentor

Welcome!! Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I can relate to bedrest early on, I was put on bedrest at 24 weeks at home and then from 27 weeks until I delivered at 31 in the hospital. It is not easy, but necessary for both your health and the health of your babies. I wrote out my x-mas cards (yes...in August!), made to-do lists for my husband (he loved that!), surfed the web, read books (no time for that once the babies arrived), etc.

I had one other child at home, which makes things very difficult (for you even more so with so many other children). We were fortunate that our families took turns staying with us while my husband worked. My oldest loved the extra attention, but couldn't quite figure out what was going on with me.

You will get tons of wonderful advice from everyone here! Take this time to post any and all questions you may have and pick everyone's brains to make life easier once the babies arrive.

Take care of yourself and keep drinking water!

^Colin^ 2lbs. 14ozs.
Gavin 2lbs. 8ozs.
Owen 3lbs. 13 ozs. (9/06) 31 weeks
www.tripletsandrees.blogspot.com

Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:45 pm
Profile WWW
Level 5 Contributor
Level 5 Contributor

I am Ann, mom to 7 kids, too! I have a 15yo, 12.5 yo (adopted niece and nephew), a 5yo, and 17 month old BGGB quads.............I surely understand having a big family!

The women here are great-I've learned soo much from t hem!

http://www.wilkequads.blogspot.com
ImageImage

Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:19 am
MOST Mentor
MOST Mentor

Keep the faith...I had hospitalizations and still didn't deliver until 34 weeks, and that wasn't even due to preterm labor. Rest was a huge part of my success, I think.

MOST has a Large Family Support Forum for those with five or more children; perhaps you'll find that useful.

What other questions are coming up for you at this point? How old are the other kids?

Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:45 am
Profile YIM
Level 1 Contributor
Level 1 Contributor

After being hospitalized twice I had my triplets (BGB) at 26 weeks. It is hard to have to be on bedrest, especially with children at home. My triplets were my first and only pregnancy.

I love to read, needlepoint and knit which kept me sane many days. I needlepointed catoons pictures with room to put the childrens birth info on when they were born. My children, now 14, love them. The knitting was a little harder because I couldn't do it laying down but the reading was also a time consumer.

Right now I am sure you feel as if this will never end, but before you know it you will have your little ones and be taking them home.

I also did a lot of praying. After the bed rest I felt it was the best I could do for my wonderful trio.

Michael was 2 1/2 lbs, Danielle was 1 1/2 lbs & Matthew was 1 3/4 lbs. Now my boys are over 6 feet tall and my daughter is a little petite(compared to the boys) at 5' 5". None of them have any problems due to their prematurity.

Good luck, and I will keep you in my prayers.

Dawn, CT

Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]